Morocco’s grand history of which Jews have historically been apart. Morocco’s history of Jewry and the co-mingling of Jews with Berbers and Arabs are a key factor in why Morocco is safe for Jewish travelers today. Morocco is a country of Muslims, Jews, and Christians. Jews first arrived in Morocco during pre-Christian times, accompanying the Phoenicians on their trade expeditions across the coast of Morocco. In the countryside, Jewish and Berber tribes tilled the soil side by side together for two thousand years speaking the Berber dialect. In the towns and cities, Jewish merchants and financiers were valued by successive Moroccan rulers who protected them.
Where are Morocco’s main Jewish sites?
Morocco’s main Jewish sites are located in Marrakesh and Fes because these two Imperial Cities have preserved Jewish Mellahs in the old medinas, however Jewish sites can be found throughout Morocco. The majority of those located in the new cities or villages are well-preserved. All Jewish sites are protected by the Kingdom of Morocco.
"Netanyahu and Mohammed VI both raised the prospect of resuming direct flights between the countries and the opening of diplomatic missions."
7 DAYS TOUR
This week-long Jewish heritage tour of the imperial cities of Morocco explores the hidden gems of Jewish Morocco.
- ● DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN CASABLANCA,VISITE OF THE HASSAN II MOSQUE
- AND GUIDED TOUR OF THE JEWISH HERITAGE OF CASABLANAC, THEN DRIVE TO RABAT
- ● DAY 2: GUIDED TOUR OF THE JEWISH HERITAGE AND CULTUR IN RABAT, THEN THE EXPLORE MEKNES
- AND ROMAN VOLUBILIS EN ROUTE TO FEZ
- ● DAY 3: GUIDED TOUR OF THE JEWISH HERITAGE OF FES
- AND EXPLORATION OF UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES JEWISH OF FEZ AND HISTORY OF FEZ EL BALI
- ● DAY 4 : GUIDED EXCURSION FROM FEZ TO JEWISH SEFFROU
- ● Day 5: Departure from Fez to Marrakech via Ifrane and Beni Mellal
- ● DAY 6: HISTORICAL TOUR OF MARRAKECH GUIDES, CITY TOUR, YVES SAINT LAURENT GARDENS AND BERBER MUSEUM, UNESCO SITES AND JEWISH HERITAGE SITES
- ● DAY 7 : EXCURSION ON THE COAST OF ESSAOUIRA FOR A GUIDED TOUR OF JEWISH HERITAGE
- ● DAY 8 : DEPARTURE FOR CASABLANACA OR MENARA AIRPORT IN MARAKECH
14 DAYS TOUR
This circuit program globalizes the most important cities and places in Morocco
- Explore Morocco's Jewish heritage and culture on this remarkable two weeks private tour
- ● Day 1 : Casablanca: Visit the Beth-El Synagogue temple and explore the Museum of Moroccan Judaism
- ● Day 2 : Casablanca - Rabat: Discover the Jewish Mellah of Rabat and the birthplace of an 18 e century scholar and kabbalist for sale.
- ● Day 3 : Chefchaouen
- ● Day 4 : Chefchaouen – ouazzane – Mouly Idriss- Voulibilis-Fes
- ● Day 5: Fez Cultural Sightseeing & walking guided tour: Attend a private exterior view of the ancient house of the Maimonidies in Fez
- ● Day 6: Fès - Ifrane- Midelt - Errachidia - Erfoud - Merzouga
- ● Day 7:Merzouga - Khamlia - Erg Chebbi dunes
- ● Day 8:Merzouga - Rissani - Tineghir - Todra Gorges - Boulmane du Dadès
- ● Day 9: Boulmane Dadès - Dades Valley - Skoura – Ouarzazate
- ● Day 10: Ouarzazate - Aït Ben Haddou
- ● Day 11: Aït Ben Haddou – Essaouira: Explore the coast of Essaouira, an artists' enclave and one of the first Jewish ports in Morocco
- ● Day 12: Essaouira - Marrakech
- ● Day 13 :Marrakech guided Tour: Close encounter with the local Jewish community
- ● Day 14 :MarraKech–Casablanca airport